- ArcadeDAO is a new decentralized governance system for the Arcade Protocol ecosystem, transferring control from the core team to the community.
- ARCD is the governance token for ArcadeDAO, with initial distribution based on prior usage and holdings. ARCD allows holders to vote on proposals.
- The Arcade Foundation supports the initial launch of ArcadeDAO. The community can now collectively determine the future path of Arcade Protocol through on-chain and off-chain governance.
ArcadeDAO is a new milestone in the growth and decentralization of the Arcade Protocol ecosystem. With the launch of ArcadeDAO, control of the protocol is now in the hands of the DAO and its community members. Read on to learn about the purpose, benefits, and governance structure of ArcadeDAO.
What is ArcadeDAO?
ArcadeDAO is the next evolution in the development of the Arcade Protocol. Arcade’s V3 Protocol is designed to be a self-sustaining on-chain public good. With the launch of ArcadeDAO, Arcade’s community will advance the protocol towards achieving its future potential through decentralized governance.
Throughout its existence, Arcade has emphasized community participation and input. By transitioning to a DAO with on-chain governance, Arcade will become a more resilient platform aligned with the community’s needs. ArcadeDAO’s mission is twofold – to steward Arcade Protocol and cultivate a decentralized ecosystem for the intersection of art, culture and finance.
ARCD Governance Token
Central to ArcadeDAO is the ARCD governance token. ARCD empowers token holders to participate in decision-making and vote on proposals. Holders of ARCD become members of ArcadeDAO with voting rights. The initial distribution of ARCD was calculated based on prior usage of Arcade Protocol.
ARCD Token Details:
- Symbol: ARCD
- Supply: 100,000,000
- Chain: Ethereum ERC20
- 40,100,000 (4010%) granted to the Arcade community
- 25,433,334 (2543%) granted to the ArcadeDAO treasury
- 15,000,000 (15%) granted for retroactive token claims
- 10,000,000 (10%) granted to the Arcade Foundation
- 16,693,904 (1669%) granted to the original Arcade team
- 32,872,762 (3287%) granted to advisors and early backers
ArcadeDAO uses a Council governance model where ARCD tokens represent voting power. Each token serves as a vote, enabling the community to steer the protocol and governance framework. Documentation for the DAO and Council governance is available below.
The Arcade Foundation
The Arcade Foundation supports the initial launch of ArcadeDAO. It holds on-chain ownership of the DAO treasury and will enact approved DAO proposals. ArcadeDAO members can propose and vote on initiatives either directly on-chain or through the Foundation.
Join the Community
Join Discord, Discourse, and beyond to connect with ArcadeDAO, propose initiatives and collectively determine the path forward. The power of Arcade Protocol governance is now in the hands of the community.