- Jupiter, one of the largest DeFi projects on Solana, is airdropping 4 billion JUP tokens to nearly 1 million wallets holding SOL
- The airdrop will distribute 40% of Jupiter’s total supply to wallets based on their SOL trading volume on the platform
- The airdrop aims to drive interest and adoption for Jupiter as Solana stages a comeback amid renewed hype from major companies building on it
The decentralized finance (DeFi) aggregator Jupiter is giving away a massive airdrop of 4 billion tokens to the Solana community. Nearly 1 million wallets holding the blockchain’s native SOL token will be eligible to claim free JUP tokens starting next week.
What is Jupiter?
Jupiter is one of the biggest DeFi projects on Solana. The platform operates as a decentralized exchange (DEX) aggregator, allowing users to find the best rates when trading tokens. In the past 24 hours alone, Jupiter has processed over $978 million in swaps.
The airdrop will distribute 40% of Jupiter’s total supply of 10 billion JUP tokens. It will take place in stages, beginning next week:
- 1 billion JUP to wallets with over 1,000 SOL in trading volume on Jupiter
- 1 billion JUP to wallets with over 10,000 SOL volume
- 1 billion JUP to wallets with over 25,000 SOL volume
- 1 billion JUP to wallets with over 50,000 SOL volume
The Solana Comeback
The airdrop comes as Solana is staging a comeback after a tough year. The Ethereum competitor was hit hard by the FTX collapse, but has rallied over the past couple months amid renewed hype. Major companies like Visa and Shopify are now building on Solana, and the price of SOL has surged 165% in the past month.
Airdrops are a key part of driving interest and adoption for crypto projects. By gifting tokens to users, Jupiter hopes to attract new traders to its DEX aggregator platform. If successful, the airdrop could significantly expand Jupiter’s user base and improve liquidity.