Base, developed in partnership with Optimism, is an EVM Layer 2 network eagerly preparing for its mainnet launch. The primary objective of Base is to establish a secure, cost-effective, and developer-centric platform for constructing DApps on the blockchain.
Mainnet Launch Criteria
Coinbase has defined criteria that must be met before proceeding with the mainnet launch. These criteria are devised to ensure the network’s safety, security, and overall stability:
- Successful Regolith Hardfork: The Base testnet must undergo a Regolith hardfork, implementing security-focused changes to the deposit processes.
- Infrastructure Review: Collaborating with the OP Labs team, a thorough infrastructure review is conducted to ensure the resilience and robustness of Base’s underlying technology.
- Optimism’s Bedrock Upgrade: Base relies on Optimism’s Bedrock release, which brings about enhanced performance features such as reduced deposit times, lower fees, and significant improvements. The Bedrock upgrade is scheduled for June 6, 2023.
- Internal and External Audits: Comprehensive internal and external audits are completed to safeguard the network’s integrity and resilience without lingering critical severity issues.
- Demonstrated Testnet Stability: Base’s testnet stability must be established, providing developers with a reliable and consistent platform for deploying their DApps.
Base has already accomplished the first two criteria, completing the Regolith hardfork and undergoing an infrastructure review in collaboration with the OP Labs team. This progress underscores the project’s dedication to establishing a solid foundation for the mainnet launch.
Genesis Window: Developer Support
Following the Mainnet Genesis launch, Base will initiate the Genesis Window, focusing on providing exclusive support to developers and ensuring their success. During this window, developers can expect the following:
- Secure Deployments: Developers can confidently deploy their DApps on Base, leveraging its secure, user-friendly, and dependable infrastructure.
- Technical Support: The Base core team will actively assist developers through Discord, offering hands-on support for any technical queries or challenges.
- Recognition for Genesis Builders: Early DApps launched on Base during the Genesis Window will receive support and credit, highlighting their valuable contributions to the ecosystem.
Base’s mainnet launch is approaching, guided by a clear roadmap and stringent criteria to ensure safety and security. By providing a low-cost, secure, and developer-centric platform, Base strives to accelerate the adoption of decentralized applications and empower users worldwide with economic freedom.
As the launch date draws near, the Base team remains committed to transparently communicating milestones and invites developers and users to join them on the journey towards Mainnet Genesis.