- Coinbase Financial Markets (CFM) launched regulated crypto futures contracts on Coinbase Advanced for eligible US retail traders, offering lower capital requirements through nano-sized contracts.
- These new futures contracts allow traders to go long or short on BTC and ETH at 1/100th and 1/10th of a coin, providing exposure with less upfront investment.
- Interested US traders can sign up on Coinbase Advanced, get approved for futures trading, fund their account, and start trading the new nano futures contracts settled in USD.
Coinbase Financial Markets (CFM) is pleased to announce that eligible US retail traders can now access regulated crypto futures contracts on Coinbase Advanced. These nano-sized futures contracts offer lower capital requirements, making futures trading more accessible. Read on to learn more about these new offerings and how to get started trading crypto futures today.
What Are Crypto Futures and How Can They Be Used?
Futures contracts allow traders to go long or short on crypto assets, helping them manage risk, diversify, and access the market with less upfront investment. With leverage, traders can enter larger positions with less capital. However, leverage also amplifies losses, so appropriate risk management is essential.
Key Features of CFM’s New Offerings
- Nano-sized BTC and ETH contracts sized at 1/100th and 1/10th of a coin to lower capital requirements
- Educational resources on Coinbase Learn to trade futures safely and responsibly
- Integration with Coinbase Advanced for a seamless trading experience across spot and futures
Getting Started with Crypto Futures on Coinbase
Here are the steps for eligible US traders to begin trading crypto futures on Coinbase Advanced:
- Sign in to advanced.coinbase.com
- Apply to trade futures and complete identity verification
- Once approved, deposit funds and start trading futures contracts settled in USD
CFM is committed to making futures more accessible while emphasizing education and responsible trading. Offering futures in the US is an important step toward that goal.
With the addition of nano-sized futures contracts, Coinbase Financial Markets is making futures trading available to more US retail traders. Interested traders can get started on Coinbase Advanced today. As always, carefully consider whether futures trading aligns with your financial situation and investing objectives.