Using a “jailbreak” for the ChatGPT program, a Coinbase executive determined the likelihood of various wild crypto price scenarios, including a 15% chance that Bitcoin will become obsolete with prices falling over 99.99% by 2035.
- According to Grogan, ChatGPT now has a “jailbreak” that enables it to estimate the likelihood of improbable crypto price possibilities.
- For Litecoin and Dogecoin to reach almost $0, ChatGPT estimates odds of 35% and 45%, respectively.
Crypto Predictions Using AI
Making forecasts about the future of cryptocurrencies is complex and needs both data analysis and intuition. Conor Grogan, the head of Coinbase’s business operations, asserts that he has found a way to “jailbreak” ChatGPT’s artificial intelligence so that it can estimate the likelihood of improbable crypto price situations. An artificial intelligence language model called ChatGPT employs machine learning to respond to natural language. It was developed by Elon Musk and other tech pioneers-founded company OpenAI. Customer service, instruction, and even creative writing have all been done using ChatGPT, which has gained popularity in recent years.
Crypto Price Scenarios Forecasted by ChatGPT
A 15% probability exists that Bitcoin would “fade to irrelevancy,” with prices plunging 99.99% by 2035, according to ChatGPT. Meanwhile, the chatbot assigned a 20% likelihood that Ether will become obsolete and reach price levels close to zero by 2035. With the probability of 35% and 45%, respectively, for the coins to drop to nearly zero, ChatGPT was even less optimistic about Litecoin and Dogecoin. The Coinbase executive claimed that ChatGPT is still “more skeptical” of cryptocurrencies despite being a “big fan” of Bitcoin.
Other Predictions by ChatGPT
Before making forecasts regarding cryptocurrency, Grogan asked ChatGPT to give chances to numerous political predictions, including those of Russian President Vladimir Putin, US President Joe Biden, and former US President Donald Trump. The executive offered predictions on how AI would impact alien life, religion, and humanity. The forecast “Aliens have visited Earth and are being covered up by the government” was given a 10% chance by ChatGPT, for instance.
Precise Results from ChatGPT
He received a copy of the prompt’s script from the executive, which he fed to ChatGPT to enable it to generate the tables. Grogan claimed to have tested the prompt more than 100 times to support the accuracy of the findings. He executed this command 100 times on GPT 3.5 and 4 with erased memory, and GPT consistently produced the same results. Since the standard deviation was relatively low, the predictions held over several iterations.
Grogan’s Previous Experiments with ChatGPT
On March 15, Grogan demonstrated how ChatGPT’s most recent version, GPT-4, could identify security flaws in Ethereum smart contracts and give instructions on exploiting them. With scores in the 90th percentile, GPT-4 can pass law and high school exams.
Various industries, including the cryptocurrency sector, use artificial intelligence tools like ChatGPT more frequently. Watching how ChatGPT is used in cryptocurrency because of its reputation for making correct predictions and answers is fascinating. However, it’s crucial to remember that AI predictions are not always accurate and should not serve as the only basis for judgment.